World Swim Day will take place on October 26, 2019, and is an international day to celebrate and empower people around the world to live a healthier and more active life through swimming.
Every year, during the 4th weekend of October, we celebrate World Swim Day to promote a more active lifestyle through swimming. It also helps to raise the awareness of water safety. Events are organized independently throughout the world, and is open to swimmers of all ages.
Currently, there are over 100 million fitness swimmers worldwide, but over 4 billion don’t know how to swim. Together we can help change that.
How You Can Participate In World Swim Day
- Visit worldswimday.org and register for FREE.
- Download the MySwimPro app on iPhone or Android
- On World Swim Day (October 26, 2019) open the MySwimPro app and choose one of the six free World Swim Day workouts.
- Get in and swim the World Swim Day workout!
- Share a photo or video on social media with the hashtag #WorldSwimDay to be entered to win prizes! Make sure your profile is set to public when using the hashtag to be eligible for the prizes.
Check out all the amazing World Swim Day stories from 2018 here.
World Swim Day Workouts
We have some great workouts for you, whether you’re new to swimming, or an elite swimmer looking for a fun challenge to celebrate #WorldSwimDay. We have workouts for swimmers that are 100 meters up to 10,000 meters.
- Just Get Wet 💧 – 100-200 Meters
- The Jellyfish Float 🎐– 500 Meters
- The Tropical Mile 🌴– 1,600 Meters
- The Sizzler 🔥– 3,000 Meters
- Humpback 5K Challenge 🐋– 5,000 Meters
- 10K Shark Test Set 🦈– 10,000 Meters
It’s easy to personalize your workout in the MySwimPro app and share to your social media profile. Remember to use the hashtag #WorldSwimDay and setting your social media profile to public so you can win some awesome prizes!
This contest is sponsored by MySwimPro, Inc. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter. Participants can enter to win between the dates of October 25 – October 27, 2019. Platinum winners will be selected from participants who registered online at worldswimday.org, and shared their swim workout on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter by tagging @myswimpro and using #WorldSwimDay between 10/25/18 and 10/27/18 11:59pm during the participants local time. Winners will be contacted Monday October 30, 2019.
How You Can Help Support World Swim Day
By supporting World Swim Day, you help to empower people around the world to learn how to swim, and become active in the water. In 2018. World Swim Day supported Learn To Swim initiatives including financial contributions to Detroit Swims, the USA Swimming Foundation, and the USMS Swimming Saves Lives Foundation.
Benefits of Supporting World Swim Day
- Help World Swim Day become a United Nations’ declared day of awareness.
- Produce and distribute free swimming content online. Highlight inspiring swimming stories around the world.
- Educate children and adults about the importance of water safety.
- Inspire the world to lead happier and healthier lives.
About World Swim Day
World Swim Day was founded in 2018 by Fares Ksebati, Co-Founder and CEO of MySwimPro. MyTriPro has partnered with MySwimPro to grow World Swim Day’s participation of swimming across time zones and cultures.
In its first year, World Swim Day saw participation from swimmers in over 100 countries and funds were raised for three learn-to swim non-profit organizations. The international event is more than a virtual swim, but also serves as an opportunity to connect a global community that shares a mutual passion for the water.
World Swim Day is supported by MySwimPro, the largest digital community of swimmers in the world. The international event is also supported by globally-minded companies with shared values that include empowering a healthy lifestyle through swimming and promoting water safety. We hope World Swim Day continues to inspire and empower people around the world to be active in the water.
If you would like to support World Swim Day, and grow the sport of swimming please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.